Nosara Day Camp specializes in taking kids 5-15 on fun excursions to introduce them to the diverse natural world, amazing people, and community that exist here.
Under the eyes of qualified first-aid certified local counselors and guides, kids are encouraged to explore together, learn from their surroundings, and to experience the pure joy of being a kid in Costa Rica! Our promise to parents is to bring your child back with incredible new memories, experiences, and friends so you can enjoy the rest of the day together as a family. There’s so much to see, so every day is different. Check out our Facebook page for the latest schedule!
Typical activities include
– Snorkel the tide pools of Playas Rosada and Pelada and create touch-tanks of the sea life we discover
– Scramble through the Pelada bat caves… or get soaked at the blowholes!
– Hike and swim the Malanoche waterfall, then head to the river for a campfire lunch
– Belay new friends at the climbing wall or even climb to the top of a canopy tree
– Learn snake safety and jungle ecology from the local “Bomberos” (our volunteer firefighters)
– Tour a local farm! Meet the cowboys and animals, learn how to lasso a calf and make some of the traditional local foods in a traditional domed oven
– Head to the Boca del Rio Nosara (our beautiful river mouth) to fish with the local fishermen using hand lines. Then wander the mudflats surrounded by egrets, herons, pelicans, Osprey and hawks.
– When the mood strikes, drawing pictures and making crafts and jewelry or whimsical sculptures from driftwood and shells is always an option- our art box follows us everywhere we go!
Nosara Day Camp also has a unique stewardship program. We think it’s important that kids understand the important role they can play in helping others and how awesome it feels to give back! If interested, Nosara Day Camp can coordinate volunteer work with the Guardians of the Rio Nosara (river reclamation), Mercy Homes (constructing new homes for local people in need), Costas Verdes (beach reforestation projects), and TortuGuiones (sea turtle conservation). We often welcome scientists and other local experts to share their projects and their knowledge with us!
Nosara Day Camp is also the local coordinator for adult First Aid courses. Call us if you want to get certified and we can tell you when our next course is coming up.
We are situated at Harbor Reef hotel in Guiones. Excursions leave at 8 am and return at 1 pm from the Café. For your convenience we provide all equipment, a healthy morning snack, and lunch. See our homepage for what to wear and what to bring.
- Downtown Guiones, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
- (506) 8360-9855, 8606-8903